Isn’t Catarina’s bed head adorable? I took this photo a few weeks ago during an early morning walk. I believe it was during our heat wave and I remember being worried that she was getting cabin fever from being cooped up in the house. So one early morning I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood before the heat set in.
We are in the midst of another heat wave. Seriously, I could have sworn people said it rained here all the time. Lies! It’s actually pretty scary. We need the rain. The hot and dry temperatures have created a ton of fires in the area. Recently a brush fire broke out just behind our house! Of course Craig was Johnny-on-the-spot and called in the fire department so it wasn’t a threat to us. But it was still pretty scary.
Hopefully, there won’t be any fires this weekend. We are planning on checking out University Place’s Sun Fest at the Market Square. I read that Whole Foods was having a watermelon eating contest. I might need to sign up for that …
What are your plans for the day? If you’re in a hot place I suggest taking it easy with something cold and refreshing. And of course peruse these links I’ve rounded up for you.
- I’m thinking of making this ice cream this weekend with some of our mint. Yum!
- Check out this adorable video a Portland mother made while taking her toddler on a hike.
- Really cool story (and photos) on the “growth of State Parks in the ’30’s”
- Hilarious 12 Self-Care Tips. Ex: 1. Write a letter to yourself every day about how much you hate that guy Brian at work. Read it aloud to him.
- A self-sustaining island in Canada? Yes please! Check out the cute photos.
- This made me giggle. Why You Should Never Get a Tattoo But Having a Baby is Fine.