Folks, it is hot in here! I know I grew up in the desert, but when you have air conditioning the heat isn’t so bad. Our house does not have air conditioning. Well, that’s not totally true. We have a window unit in our dining room, but we are doing our best not to use it too often. However, I think we are going to have to cave this weekend -I worry about poor Molly. Not sure she can take the heat as well as we can.
We may be purchasing a little wading pool and cramming our family of four inside of it. I promise to take pictures should that occur.
Anyway, if you’re someplace where the heat wave is hitting I suggest laying out in front of a fan with a sno cone or iced beverage of some sort.
Fun links to help pass the time:
- Cute infographic explaining why me time is so important. I think my “me time” is either when I’m running or when I’m in bed reading. It’s certainly not when I’m in the bathroom …
- Jon Stewart’s wife, Tracy Stewart, has a book coming out soon titled “Do Unto Animals” and I can’t wait to read it. You can pre-order it HERE.
- This video does a great job of easily and quickly explaining the problems with Monsanto. Watch it and share it.
- What to plant to repel mosquitoes.
- Why you should try sleeping on your left side. Just so you know I tried this and I didn’t have to get up and pee in the middle of the night!